- Voice in the Wind Magazine
Imagine a time and place where the economy is slumping and we are in need of new ideas to kickstart economic growth. In particular, the tourism economy has been hard hit. Maybe imagine a time and place where innovation is at its peak and new ideas are emerging everywhere. Maybe it’s time to forget your day-to-day hustle and bustle and visit a simpler time.
I suggest we use augmented reality to enhance historical tourism and education! That sunny beach in the caribbean? Home of pirates and adventures! That visit to the local museum? A dinosaur playground in three dimensions! The family trip to the cottage? A day in the life of Sherlock Holmes!
WHAT WE’LL NEED
- Smart glasses
- A destination
- Apps containing the augmented history of your choice
- Method of travel to and from your destination
- A teacher or guide to takes us back in time
- Schools, Museums, Universities, Colleges, Science Labs and tourist destinations will network with companies that produce smart glasses, and with historical content producers (movies, video games, books) to create augmented histories using the layout of each destination.
- Destinations will compete for unique add-ons, games, etc to be developed.
- All parties will negotiate the details of whatever agreements are needed.
- Destinations will provide/sell smart glasses to students/tourists on location.
- Opens up a whole new type of tourism economy
- Creates new jobs and industries
- Expands existing industries (smart glasses, tourism, transportation)
- Creates a new way for people to relax and enjoy vacation
One day, in the not so distant future, it may be common for people to vacation to the past in “e-theme parks” or places where augmented history is available to enhance the tourism/educational experience. This may open up a whole new type of economy for future generations – and a whole new way to see the past!